Mission, Vision, and Belief Statements
Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
Vision: Student Focused... World Class
Mission: The Mission of Kingsport City Schools is to provide all students with a world-class and student centered education that ensures college and career readiness.
- Students learn best when teachers cultivate an exciting learning environment.
- Data drives instructions and our instruction is driven by the need to teach for understanding using research-based methods.
- Instructional planning is based on state standards and student needs.
- Multiple assessment strategies are used to gather formative and summative data and plan for next steps.
- Student ownership leads to higher achievement.
- Every student should strive for their personal best with the ultimate goal of reaching proficiency or beyond.
- Family involvement is key to student success.
- We will plan for learning to occur.
- We will teach for understanding.
- We will assess our learners to determine next steps.
- We will incorporate problem-solving and innovation in teaching and learning.
- We will use internationally benchmarked standards to guide our assessments and teaching.
- We will sustain a collaborative culture with a focus for learning for all.
- We will engage our families and communities.
- We will recruit, retain, and develop highly competent educators.
- We will build leadership capacity within our educational community.